Codename : Golden Slumbers Spent Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
Once the beer has been brewed, what does one do with the spent grain? Make cookies!
- 2/3 C butter, softened
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ C spent grain
- 1 ¾ C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Add grain, flour, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips, the recipe says 1 cup, be we all know you measure this one with the heart, not the actual cup 🙂
- Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
This batch of cookies was made with the spent grain from my Golden Slumbers Ale.