Codename : Rise-Up Spent Grain Pumpkin Dog Treats
Once the beer has been brewed, what does one do with the spent grain? Make treats for the pooch!
Recipe Inspiration : https://diningalfresco.com/spent-grain-dog-treat-with-pumpkin/#tasty-recipes-2897
- 3 C Spent grain
- 3 C flour
- 1 C pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, mix thoroughly. If the mixture is too moist, add a little more flour.
- Sprinkle flour on a large enough surface to roll out the dough.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out the treats, alternately you can simply cut them with a knife.
- Arrange the treats on a cookie sheet, and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and set the temperature to 200 degrees.
- When the oven temperature comes down, put the tray back in for 2 hours to dry them out.
Made from the spent grain of my most recent Blonde Ale.