Codename : Breakfast Stouthorpe Porridge
Once the beer has been brewed, what does one do with the spent grain? Make a hearty breakfast. With this one, going with a truly Canadian variant by using some Red River Cereal.
Recipe Inspiration : Breakfast Stouthorpe
- 3/4 cup spent grain
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup Red River Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup raisins (or cranberries)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- dash of salt
- Add 2 cups of water into the Instant Pot. Place rack in the bottom, and insert a bowl safe for use at the high temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients into the bowl, and stir well.
- Lock on the lid set 30 minutes, high pressure.
- Allow natural release to depressurise.
- Garnish with your favourite toppings, serves up to 4 people.