Codename : Best Bitter Cornmeal Bread
Once the beer has been brewed, what does one do with the spent grain? Dry it, grind it into flour, and bake with it!
Recipe adapted from : https://www.kitchenstewardship.com/recipes/whole-grain-cornbread-or-muffins/
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup spent grain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter
- Combine all the dry ingredients, make a well
- Add eggs, milk and butter
- Mix until just smooth
- Add mixture to 9×9 or similarly sized greased pan
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack.