Codename : Ordinary Bitter Spent Grain Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Once the beer has been brewed, what does one do with the spent grain? Make cookies!
Recipe Inspiration : http://www.omnomicon.com/spent-grain-cookies
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 1/3 C milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ C spent grain
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Beat peanut milk, butter, butter, vanilla and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add grain, flour, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips, the recipe says 3/4 cup, be we all know you measure this one with the heart, not the actual cup 🙂
- Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.
This batch of cookies was made with the spent grain from my Westfort Ordinary Bitterthorpe.